Sunday, April 19, 2009

2nd Time Around

HE SAID.....

Sunday was my first "long run" Sunday of the 16 week training schedule and it was only 4 miles. Next Sunday it will be 5 miles and steadily get longer each Sunday. Susan's "long run" day is Saturday...

Being this is the second time around for me training for a long race, I am interested to see if there are some different challenges that will face me this time. When I trained for the ING NYC Marathon, God blessed me in that I did not have any injuries to contend with during my training. There is some concern how my knees might hold up now that I am two years older and nearing my mid 30's. Although I guess at 33 I still qualify to say I am in my early 30's. I have never (knock on wood) had trouble with my knees before, but I am concerned it could start at anytime.

There is no question, this week for both Susan and I, will be a challenge getting in our training runs. This week I will be gone from the house, after school, 4 days until after dinner time because of three tennis matches and a basketball banquet we had Monday night. Most of these days I will be getting my 30 minute run or walk in on the treadmill later at night after I have put down our daughter, Sarah Gray, for the night. I am not a huge fan of the workouts at night after a long day of work, but it has to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment