Friday, April 10, 2009

Here we go!

HE SAID (John):

This will most certainly be interesting that Susan and I are running a 1/2 marathon together--but doing a blog together might more dangerous.......I mean interesting.

Next week will be 16 weeks before the The Rock 'n' Roll Chicago Half Marathon. We picked this particular one because the Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 & full marathons are run by a group called Elite Racing. In August of 2007 I ran in the Virginia Beach Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon when preparing for the 2007 ING New York City Marathon and I had a blast! It was a very well run race with plenty of people cheering you on around the course and there were bands stations every mile or so for your entertainment. I like to run--but I hate to run a long distance when there is not much scenery or anything else going on. The race in Chicago will have a plenty of scenery and activties surrounding it. The Chicago race like the Virginia Beach race is fairly flat.

This morning I got a "simple" 2+ mile run in before really starting the day. I always feel good for the rest of the day when I get a good run in the morning. I must admit after running this morning I realized I am further behind in my training than I thought I would be. It could be a long summer of training!

REBUTTAL/EXPLANATION FROM SUSAN'S LAST POST:
**I feel like from time to time we are going to need to do this**
1. Our yard as of Friday, April 10, 2009 is not overgrown nor has it been yet at any point in 2009 (other years have been a different story--but I am working to make 2009 my best year yet!). There were one or two weeds in bad spots--but I took care of those and will continue to work on other areas of our lawn.

2. I am a dreamer (dreamer sounds better than day dreamer) and goal setter. I am thinking about--but not yet set in stone--also doing the Chicago FULL Marathon that will be in early October. I am also thinking about participating as a runner only in a team triathlon race in between the 1/2 and FULL marathon. It might be a little too ambitious--but never say never!

No comments:

Post a Comment