Monday, April 13, 2009

I Have a Plan!!! (She Said..)

I'm excited to say, I now have a running plan to help me prepare for this 1/2 marathon! It feels good to see on paper what my training schedule is going to look like over the next 16 weeks. Like John, I chose a plan from http://www.jeffgalloway.com. The plan is designed for a runner who is looking to just finish a 1/2 marathon, not make great times. But, the plan is designed to help a runner finish the race strong. That's music to my ears!!! I'm really hoping to not be pushed over the finish line on a stretcher. My workout schedule for this week is going to look like this...

Sunday....off
Monday....run 30 minutes
Tuesday....weight training
Wednesday....run 30 minutes
Thursday....weight training
Friday....easy walk
Saturday....long run (4 miles this week)

**When I say weight training, I mean squats, crunches, leg raises, etc.

Now that I have a training plan, I'm going to concentrate on selecting a family/charity to raise $$ for. Hopefully, I'll be able to share that plan with you in the coming week. I am so excited about this aspect of the 1/2 marathon experience. To do something I love (running) and also help someone else will just make all the hardwork so worthwhile! Please continue to pray for me in this aspect of our venture. I'm really torn on how I should approach the family I want to help. I feel God has laid this one family on my heart. But, I'll definitely have to move out of my comfort zone when it comes to approaching them about my desires to help financially. Speaking of moving out of my comfort zone.....I realize John and I make a lot of cracks about each other when it comes to competing and running. But, I think we make a great team. We push each other in our own ways to step outside our boxes and attempt goals we (by ourselves) would never attempt. Let's hope this positive attitude I have about our 'team' continues!

"For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need." Philippians 4:13

Susan

1 comment: