Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy Early Mother's Day.....SHE SAID

It's almost overwhelming to think about all the blessings in my life. I have such a close family, great friends, loving husband, but most of all two beautiful, healthy, happy, little girls. It really brings tears to my eyes to think about it all at once. Mothers Day is such a special day. But, I really think I took it for granted until last year. Even after having our first daughter, Mary Anne, Mother's Day, was a fun day to get together with family, receive gifts and get pampered. But, last year, it took on a whole new meaning.

You see, in July 2007, when Mary Anne was almost three years old, I miscarried early in a pregnancy. After having one child, I truly realized what I was losing. I was losing a baby, a life, a sibling for Mary Anne, a baby girl, or possibly our little boy. That experience forever changed me. It was a 'bring me to my knees' experience. I always felt like I had control over everything. I COULD get pregnant, I COULD do everything right and carry a healthy baby, I COULD deliver a baby without complications. But, my miscarriage taught me a lesson. I am not in control....God is. And what a relief that is!! To know I don't hold everything in my hands. To know there is a God who is looking out for me and has my life planned. To know there is a God who brought good out of pain.

And you probably ask, what good came from that????? Well, she's about 20 lbs, crawls on all fours, only has four teeth, gnaws on everything in sight and goes by the name, SARAH GRAY! How can I not trust in God and love him when he gives me something as wonderful as my two girls?!?! So, Mother's Day is very special to me. It means more to me now than it ever did because I know what blessings I have in my life. Take a look at the video below....makes me cry everytime.

Oh, and you're probably wondering about the running thing....it's going well! I'm running more and more and am supposed to run 6.5 miles this coming Saturday! If you think about it, that's 1/2 of a 1/2 marathon! I hope you all have a great Mother's Day and I promise I won't wait so long to write another post!


1 comment:

  1. wow - what a video. we have a little girl we waited 18 months to conceive, and a little boy we waited 3 YEARS to conceive - i know that sharp pain of infertility, and the wonderful feeling mother's day brings! thanks for sharing! and way to go on today's run! :)

    ReplyDelete