Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ready to 'Rock 'n' Roll'!!!!!!

SHE SAID.....
Well, today was my first LONG run day (like every Saturday will be) and first, let me say, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!! How could you not get inspired to run in weather like this?!?! The run went really well. I ran 4 miles in Lake Carolina. If you've ever been there, you know it's HILLY! Actually, when I was running those hills, they felt like mountains, especially around mile three. You can't quite grasp what kind of hills those are by riding in the car.


But, I did learn a few things I want to change about my long runs in the weeks to follow. First, I need some way to hold a water bottle besides in my hand or placing it somewhere along my route. Do they make some kind of belt that could hold a water bottle? If so, I need to find it before next week. Also, I'm training for a run in Chicago, which is very flat. I felt like I was training to run in the mountains today! So, a change of course will be needed before next Saturday when I'm due to run 5 miles.


I do feel really good about today. I've been running since February and I feel like it paid off today. My thighs were burning towards the end of the four miles today and my knees hurt a little. But, all in all, not bad! Start praying for a repeat of this beautiful weather next Saturday!


Here are a few pictures from today......It may have been a tad cheesy (I'll be honest, REALLY cheesy)to take pictures of me going to and returning from my run, but I had to make it somewhat fun!





Sarah Gray thought she was coming too!





FINISHED !!! And back with my loot from Sonic
A girl's gotta eat!!!


1 comment:

  1. I love the Sonic you treated yourself to at the end!!! You go girl!! I'm glad it was a good run!!

    ReplyDelete