Tuesday, July 28, 2009

ONLY 5 DAYS UNTIL....RACE 2 CHI-TOWN!!!

MICHELLE SAID....


Whoa – how did the time get here so quickly??? I cannot believe we are just DAYS away from the big race!!! Am I ready? Probably not. Will I finish? If I have to crawl on my hands and knees I will finish! Am I excited? More than you will ever know!!! This is the big event…the culmination of all those early morning, hot, long, dreadful runs. I’m still not fast, and it won’t be pretty, but I’m going to give it my all come Sunday morning at 6:30 AM! My plan is to keep John and Susan in my sights – I will be staring at the back of their shirts for 13 miles (hopefully) but at least they’ll be close enough to hear the medics as I am wheeled off the course!!!

Even more than the race, I am nervous about leaving my kids, especially Kayla Reese. We have only left the older girls overnight for one night at a time – and we’ll be gone three nights in Chicago. And we’ve never left Kayla Reese overnight…ever! But I think this will be a great opportunity for Gregg and I to be alone for a while and remember what it feels like to be married. This year we celebrated 10 years of marriage but spent our actual anniversary weekend attending birthday parties and weddings. We plan to do some shopping, lots of eating, some resting, and maybe even a bit of pampering! The kids will be in good hands and I bet they will have even MORE fun with mommy and daddy out of sight for a few days!

Overall I am thrilled with the progress John, Susan and myself have been making on the foundation and our mission to raise awareness. I can’t wait to unveil our new logo and kick off into high gear! But we’ve got our minds on the race right now – focused and prepared. I am asking for prayers though – and lots of them! Prayers for safe travel, prayers for the loved ones taking care of our children, prayers for our children and hopes they will enjoy this time, prayers for a safe race without injury (too bad I’ve already had mine…hope it doesn’t get too bad!), and prayers for courage and strength for us to leave our children, travel to Chicago, and run the race of a lifetime. All for the love of Kayla Reese. Many, many, many thanks for your continued support and prayers. I promise I feel every one of them.

***DON'T FORGET TO VOTE ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE BLOG WHO YOU THINK WILL FINISH FIRST IN THE RACE!!!!!***

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! How exciting for you all! Best of luck!!

    My new blog is up, would love to have you visit!

    ReplyDelete