Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Just Around the Corner

It's so hard to believe we only have about 6 weeks before the half-marathon in Chicago! This Saturday, I'll be running 11 miles as part of my training for the half. This is the most I'm going to run before I hopefully cross the finish line in Chicago after running 13.1 miles! So, I'm at my peak of training, which is really exciting! If I can run 11 miles, Saturday, I feel confident that in a race, I can finish 13.1. I just read over that sentence and can't belive I would ever be able to say something like that!

So many people have asked me over the past few weeks how I can run the distance of a half marathon. Believe me when I say, if I can do it, so can you. I am not an athletic person. God did not create my body in the image of a runner. I have flat feet with absolutely no arch (I tend to run on the sides of my feet b/c of this). Only very expensive shoes help my feet have the appropriate support for running a half marathon. If I keep up this marathon running thing, Strictly Running will be able to expand their business!

Also, I 'practice' my running A LOT!. I've been training since February and I assure you it has taken me all that time to 'practice' and get to the running distance I am now. Finally, I have a goal and that is helping Michelle and Gregg raise awareness about Kayla Reese and Tetrasomy X. I plan to post in the very near future about all it's going to take to help start a foundation to fund research for Tetrasomy X. So, keep checking back. There will be many opportunities for you to help in this venture!

Susan

1 comment:

  1. Hi there chocolate twin. :) Just wanted to check out your blog. Wow! What an inspiring person you are for us and your friend Michelle. I will add her daughter to my prayer list. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete